“Aggregated Non-Personal Information” is information about some or all of the Users of the Products and Services, but unlike Personal Information, does not reflect or reference an individually identifiable User. Aggregated Non-Personal Information may be formed from Personal Information, but any of the Personal Information used to form the Aggregated Non-Personal Information has been processed to no longer reflect or reference an individually identifiable User.
HOW WE OBTAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
MPIRICA may obtain, collect, retain, store or otherwise maintain Your Personal Information from the following sources:
- Your MPIRICA Account. This information may include, for example, information You provide to MPIRICA through Your creation, registration and maintenance of an account on MPIRICA.com.
- Purchase of Products and Services: To the extent that We offer Products and Services for purchase on the Site, we may request that You provide Personal Information, a credit card account number and/or or other payment account information in order for You to access or purchase those Products and Services.
- Other Information You Provide to MPIRICA: Some of the Products and Services may allow You to store Personal Information, such as Your Healthcare Providers, pharmacies, insurance information, emergency contact information, personal health information and related information.
- Interactive Products and Services: Some of the Products and Services may allow You to interact with Healthcare Providers through the Site. These interactive Products and Services include, but are not limited to, requesting consultation or scheduling appointments with Healthcare Providers. Per Your request to utilize these interactive Products and Services, We may obtain Personal Information (such as the medical reasons for You scheduling the appointment) that You voluntarily provide in connection with utilizing these interactive Products and Services. You understand and agree that MPIRICA may use and/or disclose such Personal Information to Healthcare Providers that You have selected in connection with providing You with the requested interactive Products and Services.
- Your Responses to Communications from MPIRICA: From time to time, MPIRICA may communicate with You through postal mail, email or other forms of electronic communications regarding Your MPIRICA account on the Site, inquiries you may make to MPIRICA customer service, the Products and Services and new Products and Services. If You respond to these communications, Your responses may contain Personal Information.
You can decline to provide Your Personal Information to Us by not engaging in the activities described above, such as by not registering or creating an MPIRICA account on the Site. If you decline to submit Personal Information, MPIRICA may not be able to or may choose not to provide to You some or all of its Products and Services.
MPIRICA also collects non-personally identifiable server-log information relating to its users. This information may include, but is not limited to, (i) Your MPIRICA account activity, including storage usage, number of log-ins, data displayed or selected, including user interface elements, links, etc, and (ii) Your web or mobile application request, Internet Protocol address (“IP address”), browser type, browser language, browser programming language, computer or mobile device type, the date and time of your request, date and time of access, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and referrer Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”). None of this information alone enables MPIRICA to personally identify or contact You.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Providing the Products and Services to You, including but not limited to, the processing, formatting and displaying of Personal Information, customized content and the delivery of customized Products and Services to You;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve the Products and Services and the Site;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of MPIRICA’s network and the Site, including creating and maintaining backups or other archival copies of Personal Information and other related data; and/or
- Developing new Products and Services, which may include use of Personal Information by MPIRICA in connection with developing and offering to You customized Products and Services (e.g., postal mail, e-mail or other forms of electronic communications, such as “newsletters,” regarding specific health conditions, health education and/or disease prevention), which Products and Services may be supported by third-party advertising from Healthcare Providers and manufacturers, retailers and/or other service providers within the healthcare industry (e.g., pharmaceutical and/or medical device manufacturers, suppliers, or retailers).
MPIRICA restricts access to Personal Information to those employees, contractors and agents of MPIRICA who need to access Personal Information for the purposes specified above. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Aggregated Non-Personal Information provided to or collected by MPIRICA may be provided to, shared with and used by third parties including third-party content providers, paid advertisers and licensees of the Products and Services. MPIRICA may permit third-party advertising companies and networks to place paid advertisements that may be visible when You visit, use or access the Site. These companies and networks include, among others, third party ad servers, ad agencies, advertising networks, advertising technology vendors, and research firms. These companies and networks may use information (not including your Personal Information) relating to Your visits to, use or access of the Site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to You. In the course of serving advertisements to the Site, these companies and networks may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser or within the code of the mobile application or use a “web beacon”.
An example of such third-party ad networks are Google and DoubleClick. These third parties collect Aggregated Non-Personal Information about the Site’s users and provide auditing, research and reporting services and information for MPIRICA’s advertisers and other partners. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Google and/or DoubleClick, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/.
If you would like more information about not having this information used by other companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Your Ad Choices and Tracking by Third-Parties
You have options and choices about the collection and use of information by third-parties on our site:
For more information about these third-party Ad Networks and opting out of tracking, see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
For more information about interest-based information tracking and opting out, see: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
For information about disabling and controlling third-party cookies in your browser, see: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
COOKIES PLACED BY MPIRICA
MPIRICA may act as a “Business Associate” of one or more Covered Entities (e.g., Healthcare Providers, such as doctors, hospitals or health plans) as defined by HIPAA. In those instances, to the extent required by law, MPIRICA will both comply with the obligations imposed upon Business Associates and abide by the privacy policies of the Covered Entities.
INFORMATION SHARING AND ONWARD TRANSFER
MPIRICA reserves the right to sell, rent or otherwise share some or all of Your Personal Information with other companies or individuals outside of MPIRICA if:
- You have consented to such sale, rental or sharing; and/or
MPIRICA reserves the right to disclose Aggregated Non-Personal Information to third parties without prior notice to You.
MPIRICA takes reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of its data, including Personal Information stored or maintained on its servers and other systems. These measures include internal reviews of MPIRICA’s data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to servers and systems where MPIRICA stores personal data.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Provide When Registering For a MPIRICA Account
You may change or update the e-mail address and password that You provided when You registered for Your MPIRICA account via the “settings” or “account settings” section of such account. You may terminate Your Vitals account by sending an e-mail with your account termination request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information You Store or Access When Using the Products and Services
When you use the Products and Services, MPIRICA makes good faith efforts to provide you with access to Your Personal Information. You may organize or delete or change certain information that is entered or uploaded into Your account via the section of Your account where the information is located. Where applicable, MPIRICA asks individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and MPIRICA may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where MPIRICA provides information access and correction, MPIRICA provides this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. If you have any questions or want more information about accessing or updating Your Personal Information, please contact MPIRICA by e-mail to email@example.com.
All deletions, changes or updates that you make to Your Personal Information will take immediate effect. Account terminations will also take immediate effect after MPIRICA receives and processes Your e-mail termination request. Residual copies of the deleted information, including terminated account information, may take up to sixty (60) days to be deleted from active servers and may remain in perpetuity in backup systems.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us at:
MPIRICA Health Analytics, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
1201 Third Ave, Ste 2200
Seattle, WA 98101
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
MPIRICA adheres to the United States of America safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s website or http://export.gov/safeharbor.